Thursday 7 August 2014

Mechanicals and some projects


Bit of a confused and comical bunch aren't they? The mechanicals were brilliant in their play within a play, flipping hilarious! 


Oscar miming a lanthorn (lamp). He played a very drunk Satrveling the tailor and did brilliantly to get mentioned in two reviews even though his characters was very minor :)

Thisbe being attacked by a terrified lion! Mechanicals costumes were pretty basic, but loved the additions for the little play. Unfortunately bottom wasn't there on the day of the photo shoot so there are no photos of his lovely mask.

Theatre aside now, back to our place - lovely Cylcamens friends gave us on the opening night. Such a rich reddy pink colour! They seem to wilt in direct sunlight so I have moved them to a more sheltered spot. Fussy plants, but worth the effort I think :)

Now don't worry, I'm not that sad that the plays over. I'm quite enjoying the free time in the evenings now and getting back to some of my own projects!


This is a project from way back at the start of the year - quilted knitting machine cover which I don't think I ever photographed in it's finished state. Lovely and colourful and does it's job well. There's something very satisfying about using up all those scraps to make something functional and pretty.
Everyone of those fabrics has some kind of story behind it, that's what I love about quilts. They're a collection of memories.


1940's style vest in progress - just need to attach the cuffs and find some buttons to go with it. Funny construction! Had to figure it out myself after returning the magazine pattern to the library. Love the interesting silhouette it creates with those curving sleeves and straight body shape.


Wow, this photo shows just how lovely the weather has been lately with that lovely bright lighting. We've been spoilt with warm and balmy sunny days. It's only August! But yeah, this is a cake I baked when a friend came over. It's chocolate and coffee cake. I may becoming addicted to coffee, but not regular coffee. I can only have decaf and that'd fine by me. I'd rather have tea for a boost during the day. No coffee is just for taste. In cake, as a hot drink and as ice cream - mochachino ice cream from the rob roy dairy (2.00 for two massive scoops of the best ice cream) Three bucks gets you 3 scoops, it's too much. Then you can get 4 scoops, not something you want to eat all by yourself although it has happened before...

 A quilt I'm currently working on, picked up from quite a few months back. I think I finally have enough fabric to put this one together. Love the idea of a woollen quilt, nice and soft and warm and cosy. I've made two baby sized blankets but not an adult sized quilt. They work out quite nicely though.

Projects on the go:
  • Star diamond quilt - 10%
  • Oscar's anniversary presents - 80%
  • Dress for me to wear on said anniversary - 10%
  • Red 40's style jacket - 90%
  • Cabled vest - 70%
  • Cashmere hat - 75%
  • T-shirt crochet bag - 50%
  • Sunshine cowl - 10%
Projects I want to start:
  • Cycling vest
  • Elo's birthday present
  • Felted handbag - crochet in thick bright coloured stripes.
That's all for the moment. Glad I am actually using this blog again now :)
N

No comments:

Post a Comment