Sunday 3 August 2014

Costumes!

Well last night was the last performance of Midsummer's Night Dream! I feel proud and happy to have been a part of this production and am sad to see it end, however I know there are new projects to do now :) I'm looking forward to having my evenings to myself again and going to bed at a better hour.

As there are so many pictures of the costumes (and there are 22 characters!) I'm going to post the pictures grouped in three parts, Fairies, Athenians and Mechanicals.

First fairies! The best bit!


A dark and magical Oberon played magnificently by my friend Dean. He loved his costume so much he bought it! I'd say this was the most fun of all the costumes to make :)

 The fairy called Moth played by Lani. Look at those swooshing wings!



A mischevious Puck! Costume made by Sofie.
 
 Juliet as Cobweb the fairy. Loved putting her costume together, a slip with various decaying sleeves and a ruff, bustle and a lovely woollen shawl.


Our lovely queen Titania with her jealous Oberon. What a crazy dress that was to sew! The base dress was okay but sewing all those drapey bits was a nightmare! It looked beautiful though and worked well with her character I think.



Cobweb and me! Not the best shot of my costume really, you can't see the fern spirals.

  A good shot of the set and Titania with her fairies. Not sure where I am in this shot!


Pretty fairies :)


A better shot of my costume... so brown and vivid! I'm Fern the fairy, an added fairy that brings a New Zealand element into the play.



Peaseblossom! My mum designed and made this dress and she did a brilliant job.

 Moth showing off her wings and drapey parasol. The funkiest of all the costumes I reckon, I love that shirt front with the tassels!
 Mustardseed, lovely sparkly dress that used to be a skirt. She also have bloomers underneath that never showed. Love the cute little lace up underbust.

 Eh! A shot of me with a fern spiral showing. I had one on each hip. It was really great being a fairy, I enjoyed the singing and the movements we did. It was fun to prance around on stage even though we didn't say much!

Shot of the whole cast and the director. Lovely people! Glad to have worked with them all :)

More shots of the Athenians to come in the next few days as well as the mechanicals too.

Now I'm off to do some long awaited crafting, perhaps a new knitting project and a bit of baking.
Not much to do now the play has finished except for choir and the next play (modern costumes, 5 characters and minimal sewing involved). Next year is set to be different though - I'm applying to study Veterinary nursing at Polytech! Excited to go back and study something that I'm passionate about. I can definitely see myself working at a small animals clinic or more likely a rural practice working on farms and such. I'm just hoping I'll get in! Keep you posted on how that goes....
N

No comments:

Post a Comment