Friday 15 August 2014

4 Years!

Yesterday was our 4th anniversary :)

Love this man! Makes me laugh like a loon.
He loves the hoodie I made him with the print of a weeping angel on it. His reaction - brilliant; aRHGHHJJHHHHHHHHHHhHHHH!!! Knew he would like it!
 He gave me a giant poster of Doctor who quotes and pictures, a bottle of gin and some magic card booster packs. Ooh gin, my favourite. He also got a handmade nightshirt out of the softest flannel. Was a shocking day weather wise, but we had fun anyway :) Hail, sleet, rain, thunder and snow. The wind! Howling gale force south westerly... We managed to get to the bus stop okay, though hail can be slippery stuff!

I wore this dress:





With a lot of layers under and over it to keep warm. Thankfully the restaurant was warm enough to wear it by itself, shock horror - bare arms in August! I will wear it much more in summer definitely....
Oscar looked rather fancy himself in his woollen suit, silk tie, green waistcoat and 70's shirt. Should have got a snap of that.. Why do I never take photos of things on special occasions? I always get wrapped up in the fun of the events I guess :)

I also made a little something for my niece to wear, and I'll make sure to get snaps of her wearing it this weekend. Hope it fits her....

Next week is full of fun (not) diplomatic things like renewing passports and visiting the doctor for tetanus shots which are compulsory for Vet Nursing. Also a fair amount of busking on the cards and a band practise too. But really looking forward to this weekend away! Surprised at how much I've enjoyed learning Vierne's Solem mass. Such strange chords and accidentals which make for rather creepy music.

I feel the need to get out the crafts that I've neglected lately, that is, machine knitting and inkle loom weaving. I don't do either enough.... Found a yarn company based up in Napier that looks really good. Wish I had known about them when I was up there in the summer. Reasonably priced, natural fibre yarn and in undyed bulk lots of 1 KG! Wooo! Think that when I have used up ALL of my yarn (which is barely anything to be honest) I will buy some and make something special out of some handyed yarn. Could also do with some lace yarn to knit blanks and dye with. It would be awesome to be able to knit thicker yarns on the knitting machine, but it only just handles a  sport weight yarn.

More posts soon revealing what projects I've finished lately :)

Finished this week:
  • Oscar's weeping angel hoodie
  • Oscar's flannel night shirt
  • Eloise's 1st birthday present
  • Silk anniversary dress
  • Finished bottling all the F batch of beer.
In progress now:
  • Cabled vest - still working away slowly at this one. Still enjoying the lovely yarn and pattern.
  • Crocheted felted hand bag, about to start today
  • Cashmere hat
  • Star woollen quilt
  • Need some more projects now that all those other ones are finished, don't I?
  • Thinking of making more felted slippers, but making them big socks and simply felting them down to fit. That way they cover our ankles better. And extra re-enforcing on the soles so that they don't wear out. Mine have worn through two repairs now. I can feel the cold floor through them!

Now off for a walk to stretch the bones and back to some relaxing and well deserved crafting of things for me!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment