Friday 5 September 2014

90's and spring 2014


I've been quilting again! I Now have 6 segments which just fit together when stretched so when they are ironed out they'll be perfect. Woollen fabric is forgiving stuff. My original plan was to have 8 segments to create a 8 pointed star but that didn't work out. It looks quite nice on the bed and it will definitely be a full sized quilt. I'm not sure right now what fabric to use for the outside shapes.. It could be different solid colours, or perhaps it would be best all the same colour. When I bind it I plan to use all different coloured bias binding to match the random colours of the star.


Another recent project is a blazer/jacket made from an extra large shirt. The black velvety fabric (stretchy too) is lovely and soft. I'd like to use more of it. The shirt was big enough that I could cut a whole jacket pattern out of it to fit me. Fudged a lot of it, and it completely sewn using the over locker. I'm pretty happy with the result. Black is an unusual colour for me. I usually struggle to find enough black clothes to wear for a choir concert which is always in all black. It's rather hard for me to take photos of my clothing on me! I need Osk to take some proper photos for me.


And batik fisherman pants! Need a proper photo of these too... just glimpses right now. I'm mad about fisherman pants, they are comfortable, funky, easy to make and are lovely to wear now that weather is above single digits. I wear them with leggings underneath for warmth. I made another pair of leggings and new fisherman pants today so I'd have a few more of them in my wardrobe. Oscar loves them too. I should make some more for him too. They do need pockets though, but I can easily add those.

I went on a relaxing walk today and took some snaps. It's very grey today, nothing like the sunny warm days we've had lately. So these photos might seem dull, but they're still showing the first signs of spring. I love those green buds! That tree lost it's leaves in march and now seems to have awoken with a lot of enthusiasm!



A local kids drawings, lovely and I have to say quite good.

Kowhai! Back again everywhere now. Beautiful flowers and last years seed pods still hanging around.


No parking... narrow streets around here... with plenty of lichen.

I've been watching this show:


God knows why I like it, it's about teenagers! EEEK! But somehow it's addictive and it's helping me style the current play which is set in 1994 as well. Makes me glad not to be a teen anymore.... Shame there is only one series to watch! It reminds me of degrassi except that it's not set in the 80's and is American instead of Canadian. Quite a few similar themes in the stories though.

Lately, every time I see a cat, or a dog, or animal of any kind I keep thinking about what I'll be studying next year, it's quite exciting! I guess when I study I'll have less time for crafting, but I am looking forward to it so much. It'll make my crafting time all the more special. I'm really looking forward to meeting people who love animals just as much as I do and have in common a concern for their welfare. It's going to be so very different to what I've done before. Bring on Feb '15!

Off now to make dinner for a tired Osk who has been working all day. Veggie lentil soup and garlic bread I think. Thinking of going on another nice walk this weekend, but not quite sure where yet. Then it's choir practise with potluck. A good weekend ahead!

N






No comments:

Post a Comment