Sunday 21 September 2014

Little projects


As I write this blog post I'm eating these freshly baked kiwi biscuits, which have oats and coffee in them. YUM! I'll make these again I think, although the instant coffee should really be ground up first they're a bit bitter in little bits.

This week has been full of little projects, satisfying and a bit different to what I usually do.

Spring onions sprouting from shop bought stalks

Tulips are popping up everywhere in the garden

Some kind of succulent flowering

Pretty little crawling plant, I have no idea hot it got growing in the pot, but I like it :)
Yay for hand spinning! Really enjoying the process of doing this again

And here it is dyed! Food colouring and vinegar, steamed for an hour.
Plans for that yarn are a lovely soft cowl I think. Perhaps another Inspira or a textured/cabled one.


I got sick of looking at my stained and worn out ironing board cover, so this is my new one :) Easy to re-create, just traced out the old one, took the gathering cord out and encased it in bias binding on the new one. Makes the sewing room more cheerful and makes me smile looking at it!

Malt extract for brewing, lovely sweet malty stuff

Four different types of hops, on the left, bittering ones and right the aroma hops.

Yep, we brewed some beer on Thursday, smelt divine with all those lovely hops. It's blooping behind me as I type, but only when I shake up the tub, it's like its having trouble fermenting. But it's been going for hours now, so that's a good thing. I'm thinking this beer will be a good one :)

Another project: I dyed my hair again. Look at the regowth! Shocking and quite light too.

Just realised how many freckles there are appearing on my face!

That looks better! Red again. I love henna.
Well that's it for this week, what will the next week hold in store?

Planning on helping my folks out on their block of land this weekend, digging, getting rid of gorse and planting native trees. Might camp out under the stars if the weathers alright.

Choir on Thursday and off to see the latest play at the globe!

N




No comments:

Post a Comment