Monday 1 December 2014

Passed!


Yes indeed, I did pass my restricted car license test a few weeks ago! Strangely this photo was taken before the test, I'm not sure why I look so happy in the photo, I was a nervous wreck then... The woman taking my photo was funny I guess, she made me feel cheerful even though I was about to take a terrifying test! After the test I'm sure I would have had a dombfounded expression on my face, it didn't really sink in for a few hours. I wore my good luck charm, but I think it was my sheer determination and month of driving lessons that got me through. I've been driving my dad's car for a week and missing it now that he's back from overseas and using it again. It was a great reward for passing the test, I got to try driving by myself for the first time!

So lately I've been busy getting my license and also organising a fashion show for the theatre. Talk about busy! It was brilliant having a car to get me around when I was working on the show. It was fun doing the show but also rather stressful, I'm glad it's over. So what am I doing now? Well today I'm waiting for the nasty weather to clear so I can start my bike riding up again. I need to get fit before Feb next year so I can ride my bike to Polytech each day. At the moment, I haven't ridden my bike for about 3 months.... I can get back into it though! Eventually I will be able to ride into town without having to stop and take breaks. So that'll start today, it looks okay out there right now... cold but no rain...

I'm also working on xmas presents... but that's all hush hush of course! I did dye my handspun yarn though, take a look:


It's the same colour as a aloe vera plant with a variety of greens mingling together. 10 skeins!

So far I have a sleeve, which is growing at a tremendous rate..


The pattern is Geometric shrug from Daniel Yuhas's book Knitting From the Centre Out: An Introduction to Revolutionary Knitting. Another brilliant pattern from this book! I'm about to start increasing for the body. I can tell this project isn't going to take long to finish. It'll be my 3rd garment finished this year. Yes, I did get that cabled vest finished after all. Need to do some proper photos of that one.


Another blank I dyed today, I think it will go better with the other blanks in contrasting stripes. Blue dye makes such a difference! So many more colours I can make...


I also finished this beauty, a thousand shining suns cowl. It was a bit wonky after sewing the edges down but I gave it good blocking and that relaxed the stitches enough to transform it into a better shape.

Alright, I think I'll be off soon for a bike ride, I can see the weather as it comes from the south and it looks okay. Let's see how I go... expect a post of bike related accessories to come soon.. I'm going to deck it out with satchels and saddle bags soon... I think I'll need a rain jacket at some point too. You never know what the weather will do here in Dunedin!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment