Sunday 21 December 2014

A year's worth of knitting...

Well it's been a rather quiet this year on the knitting front. I have to say that I haven't made that many things... last year I finished 21 projects, but then again a lot of those projects were smaller and quicker. This year I've finished two garments, which took a few months each to complete. I might get another garment done before the new year too. :)

This year I completed 11 projects in total!

Three of them are omitted from this photo because they were gicen away for gifts already or will be soon and I can't show them. They're wrapped up for xmas!


If I dig back till the start of the year I made a listof knitting/crafting goals... how did I do?

  • Hand knit a vest
  • Learn how to use knitting machine - socks in the round, fair isle, jumpers etc.
  • Make another quilt big enough for our bed
  • Sell more of my creations, go to more markets, find something that sells
  • Learn how to use the inkle loom
  • Try new recipes
I knit two vests, and got more familiar with the knitting machine although I didn't learn how to knit actual items, I made most of a quilt for the bed, I did go to markets but didn't sell much but I did do sewing for people and made a bit from that. I had a go at the inkle loom, should really get back into that! I tried plenty of new recipes. So pretty good really althogether. I couldn't predict the projects and goals I would actually do. I didn't include costuming several plays, sewing a total of 18 costumes for A midsummer's night dream, spinning and dyeing all the yarn for a jumper, making all xmas gifts, brewing 8 batches of beer with my dear and many more projects completed this year. Not to mention all the other goals I've achieved this year.... getting my restricted license, selling a large portion of theatre costumes for the benefit of the theatre, trying busking and succeeding, trying acting on special occassions, (even on stage), getting into polytech...

I guess it's time to make a list of goals for next year huh?
Here's what I have so far;
  • Get fit riding the bike so it becomes an easier form of transport
  • Try and finish at least 10 knitting/crochet projects, use it as a way to relax after studying all day.
  • Keep homebrewing, a batch a month!
  • Get excellent results in vet nursing
  • Keep busking regularly
  • Keep going to choir every week.
  • Keep costuming plays... perhaps not sewing all of them though...
As you can see, most of them are about keeping up my hobbies while I study. We'll see how I go with that one...

I would most like to keep knitting, singing and home brewing. I'm not so fussed about some other hobbies I have, but I'd like to keep those ones going if I can. Oscar is wanting to keep playing MTG and acting. He also wants to keep home brewing and singing in the choir. I have a feeling he'll be less keen on computers at home when he studies them all day at polytech!

Perhaps I can make a post of all the sewn projects I've done this year too, that would be cool. There's a lot more of those.

Well it's going to be a busy week ahead, baking, travelling, celebrating with rellies and camping, it's going to be fun!

Hope your Xmas preparations are fun filled too:)

N

No comments:

Post a Comment