Sunday 26 February 2012

Op-shops are amazing...

Went to the local Salvation army this last friday looking for fabric to marble and scored for $4 a double bed sheet, four pillow cases and a length of fabric all pale or white, perfect for marbling.




 I also have all the supplies i need for marbling now, except an iron for making my fabric nice and  flat and eyedroppers for handling the ink. I spent the afternoon yesterday looking for all my supplies in two dollar shops. A comb, a tray, a mixing tray and paintbrushes. I also have the perfect bottle to store Methocel in. Not sure what Methocel is like as a thickening agent for placing the inks apon but it comes with the Jacquard kit so it must be useful.



I'm planning to buy an iron in the next week in time for next weekend when I'll have proper time to play with the inks, which should arrive this next week :)


-----------------

Also found a funky new pillow case for myself (from the same opshop).



If all goes to plan I should have something to show on this blog next sunday :) Very excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment