Sunday 5 February 2012

In Dunedin and things are happening!

Well that was a long break from blog posts!But I'd like to get back into it because it helps me think about things :) I still don't have my sewing machine with me, but it will be coming back soon from Australia with my mum in her suitcase. But now I'm involved in a theatre group helping with getting together and making costumes. Haven't actually started yet but next week we meet again and then I hope creativity starts! I also got a job, HOORAY! Anytime not spent working will be relaxing and knitting :)

The weather here really is quite cool for summer, though we did have some hot humid weather this week. I'm wearing jeans and jumpers everyday, which compared to 35-40 C heat is really nice in comparison! The hill from the bus stop here is quite a pinch to walk up everyday, but its becoming easier.

My boyfriend managed to find a very cheap (20 bucks plus 15 delivery) but pretty good upright piano which sits downstairs in the garage. I'm trying to teach myself how to play and I have to say that reading music is coming back to me okay but the added bass celf is quite confusing with the treble at times! Playing duets with osk is lots of fun and makes it easier - he's very good at playing himself. :)

I finished a pair of warm fingerless gloves which now make my total of mittens three. Still working on my stripey scarf (king cole riot yarn) and a turn a square hat by jared flood. Thinking that this year I will get a lot of wear out of my hand knits :)

Now that I'm actually meeting some people here in dunedin, its starting to feel a bit more like home. Glad to be here! Though I still get lost sometimes....

No comments:

Post a Comment