Thursday 23 February 2012

A marbling kit :0

I just ordered a jacquard marbling kit from www.hands.co.nz which is pretty exciting. I tried marbling in my last year of high school and loved it, all the beautiful colours you can blend together in endless combinations with patterns. Now all I need is a tray to do marbling in, a mixing tray for the inks, a comb and plenty of fabric to marble with! Weekends won't be completely wasted craft wise anyway if it turns out good :) Expext to see plenty of pictures of brightly coloured fabric soon.

Went sailing on the Otago harbour yesterday with my dad, (he's learning to sail). It was pretty wet and not quite enough wind but I can see why he likes it, how exciting to be flying along the water watching all the other ships, steering your way around the bay and enjoying all the sights. The ships, the water and birds flying overhead were quite inspiring, I'd quite like to sew some clothes along the line of a sailing theme now...

No comments:

Post a Comment