Sunday 18 January 2015

Inspired

This is what I've been making in the last few days...




Patchwork vest nearly complete! I'm in love with this project, everything about it. The fact that all the fabrics remind me of other projects I've made, the clours, the combination of patterns and the fact that it's all reused scraps! Just needs some buttons and a bit of stitching on the inside to complete it. I also love how long it is, more of a dress than a waist coat. I based the shape of the pieces on a waistcoat that I bought for Oscar. I often wear it myself though because it fits so well, not too tight around the shoulders, I hate how tight clothes can mess up your back and shoulders and make them ache. This one is loose enough to wear a few jumper underneath so I can show it off properly.




Just started this today, you can see just how much I am enjoying it by how much I've done already! Going to be magnificent when it's done and possibly add more colour work to the body and sleeves as well. Pattern is this: Idunn. Good pattern although I making it completely different of course. A jumper instead of a steeked cardigan and a lower neckline. So glad I chose to knit this, I can't get enough of knitting garments - they're so satisfying to knit and wear. I've pretty much lost interest in knitting smaller things now I think,

Anyway, that's me at the moment :) Feeling good, feeling creative and wishing it would rain! Such a dry warm summer... What are you working on at the moment? I'm curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment