Friday 11 July 2014

On to new things >>>>>>>>

Phew! Costumes are done! All of them! I'm both relieved and excited and sad to see them all done, it's been a big part of my life for the last 2 months. Can't wait to see them all on stage soon, photos will be taken and then I'll share them on here. I feel so tired after working so hard on them, it's time for a bit of time off to relax. Then I can sit back and enjoy watching the fruits of my labour in all their glory! Oh it's going to be a wonderfully fun production :)

Here's the poster:



I haven't made anything for myself, the house or my family since May. I'm looking forward to making some new things that'll brighten up the drab southern winter. My craft room is nice and tidy with plenty of space now, all the costume fabric will be out of here soon too. My plans? First I'd like to make a jacket for myself with these happy fabrics;



Love those batik style fabrics, the patterns meander across the fabric, with no obvious repeat.
I need a bit of colour at the moment, winter is so grey! Spring couldn't come sooner...

And here's the pattern I'll be using from Burda September 2013


Cute huh? Even though I usually find three quarter length sleeves a bit chilly, I also have some knitted gloves that are quite long so they would work together. I usually can't fit them over or under my many jumpers so this is a nice solution. There's not much of the red outer woollen fabric either, so the smaller the jacket the better. I think I'll use the leafy batik fabric for the lining. Need buttons....

What else do I have planned craft wise for the next bit? I'd like to finish the knitting projects I have going now, (that is the cabled V-neck vest and the summit scarf) and then start some new ones! Then there will patchwork, machine knitted bits and presents for my dear oscar and niece.

I've just joined the group Crafty Freaks over on little minx's blog too so I can share my new creations.

Now I'm off to find some inspiration online - Ravelry and Pinterest here I come!

N

No comments:

Post a Comment