Friday 29 November 2013

Projects on the go now

Yep, been busy. Searching for a new rental place, making xmas gifts, sewing my own projects, seeing friends, packing for the holidays and packing up things where we are now. It's kind of fun in a way but really tiring. Thankfully I have plenty of time to get this stuff all done :) I don't know how people cope being so busy all the time. No space to breathe!

Lately these have been my projects:


Mitten blank all dry and ready to knit!


Close up detail, and yes it is really that bright. No problem with kinks in the yarn when knitted up, they dissapeared fine. Quite nice to knit from a piece of fabric rather than a ball.


This is my lace chevron crochet vest. It really needed something to bring the fronts together, the neckline would never sit right. This lace ribbon was the perfect solution, looks awesome and makes it into a wearable garment now. Thinking it might be a bit too long, so I might shorten it a bit.


A wrap around top, pattern designed by me. Fabric is from the fabric sale in june, when washed it leaked a lot of dye, so I'm glad I hand washed it. Made this for the xmas holidays, I'm sure the north island will be warm enough to warrant such a drapey, light shirt.


First mitten finished! Woo! I was so much fun to knit, and I never knit such fine wool... The combination of surprise colour changes and the unique constrcution technique made it fly by. Second mitt is on it's way and many more will follow. Brillant pattern : Circle mitts


Beautiful calendula flowers, drying these to make soothing moisturizers and lip balm.


A random patchwork project, part of the cover I'm making for my knitting machine. Should look great when it's done! Making squares into 3x3 blocks and sewing them together. Trying not to let any of the same fabrics sit next to each other.

So that's all this week, perhaps I will be back next week with some of these projects finished!

In progress:

  • Circle mitts
  • Knitting machine cover
  • Xmas gifts
Finished this week:

  • Batik wrap top
  • Friend's baby quilt
  • Niece's xmas present
  • Mitt number one




No comments:

Post a Comment