Thursday 21 November 2013

Blanks

Been working on dyed blanks for a pair of mittens:


Knitting the blank on the knitting machine.. I've worked out how to use it properly now, just needed to figure some little tricks to make the process smoother. This is worked with a e-wrap cast on 50 stitches wide, tension 9 with a 4ply yarn. It's actually a really good machine and I'm enjoying using it.


This is the second blank I dyed, a combination of food dyes and the yellow is tumeric. Very messy, got dye everywhere really but the finished effect is definitely worth it.


First blank steaming away to set the dye... the colours mixed a bit but I'm very happy that it didn't just turn into a big muddy brown. Such vibrant colours!


I'm going to turn them into this pair of mitts: Circle mitts
After trying this technique I'm so excited to try making more for other knitting projects like shawls and socks and maybe even vests and jumpers! Having a knitting machine is so very useful :) All thanks to me dear Oscar for giving it to me for my birthday. I must knit him some socks on it.

In progress this week:

  • Indonesian musician batik tunic
  • xmas presents....
  • lava flow cowl - about 90% at this stage now
  • Summit shawl - Pattern
Finished this week:
  • Kittyville hat
  • Mitten blanks





No comments:

Post a Comment