Sunday 6 October 2013

This week whizzed by!

Well, I've been so very busy I haven't done much crafting at all this week!
What with making costumes, cleaning, going to parties, practicing choir, getting an accordion, going to the community gardens, cooking, etc etc there's just been no time.

But I can post about the accordion!

A 21st birthday present from my parents (my dad searched it out and got it) two weeks early it is amazing! NZ post really outraced themselves this time; sent at 12.00 on Wednesday from Auckland, arrived at 12.30 the next day in Dunedin! Couldn't believe it when they knocked on the door with the package :) Not sure how old it is, but it is restored very well, it works beautifully.



Tis a serenelli bass 48 piano accordion. The name is a bit faded on the front as you can see. Learning now how to play the bass and piano together, in a very basic way. It's a lot of fun to play! Can't really remember where I got the idea that I'd like one, but always liked accordions for their sound and style. Not to mention how interesting they are to play, at least three things you have to do to play them, work the bass buttons, play the keys and open and close the bellows. I'm not going to get bored ever again I think now. I realise now that I was holding it wrong, since learnt where the straps go, not over the keys derp!



Thank you mum and dad for such a wonderful present! I don't deserve any xmas presents now!

Also new, a paper lantern that we've finally installed in our room, looks like a great full moon when it's lit up :)


Should be back soon with more updates, gardening and craft and market going ons...

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment