Friday 3 October 2014

Crafting with determination!


Finished today! Made completely on the over locker it took about 30 min to whip up from design to cutting to sewing. The fabric really looks it's best when it has a lighter fabric underneath. Made this because I realise I need more exciting shirts that I can layer with. I love how ethereal this fabric is.


What to make with scraps of silk? These pieces of silk are too special to throw away :) I'm making a small purse with silk flowers on the outside. It'll be a riot of colour!


Cast off my machine knitting project, think I will make it into leg warmers. Really feel like experimenting with the possibilities of the machine and seeing what weird and wonderful designs I can come up with.

Starting to make Christmas gifts already... All secret till after xmas however! Wish I could share them. Although most will be home brew! Have to start saving some from each batch now... the current beer is still blooping, which doesn't seem right... Hoping to bottle it soon but don't want exploding bottles...

Weekend! Looking forward to spending some time with Oscar and my parents, busking, bottling, baking, etc...

Going to make beetroot and chickpea hummus again soon.. And Oscar bought duck eggs, would love to see what we can make with them.

Oh yes!

We went to see Sirocco the Kakapo!

Here is the one photo I managed to get of him that is any good. We couldn't use flash photography (which I hate anyway) because it would hurt his eyes. There was a special sort of lighting that he could withstand (being a nocturnal bird) that made for good viewing but not photos. Anyway, he was amazing! The way he moved! He climbs very well with his beak and large gripping claws. He was very curious about his visitors, what a delight to see him!


We got the chance to feel some of his feathers which they had collected, so very soft and light. The ends were strong and sturdy and the inner part soft, fluffy and downy. Very warm! They smelt like pine needles. They even had a sample of his poo! Which smelt like, well earthy stuff. Not a bad smell though. I envy the guy who gets to take care of him. He was of course behind a perspex screen.

Glad I got the chance to see him :) Probably the only chance I'll get unless I go and volunteer at Codfish island. Which I may do, it does sound good.

Okie doke then, have a good weekend!

N
 

No comments:

Post a Comment