Monday 7 April 2014

Vest complete! Also market day preparations

 I'm in the progress of making things for the upcoming uni market, this time I'm focussing on accesories rather than clothing, thinking that they might sell better.


One finished bag, which folds up really nice and small to fit into your handbag when you need it for extra carrying space.


Printing with a old fashioned cotton reel. This was just a test, the reel (terrible pun) project was a hoodie that needed decorating, it's front pocket is covered in these designs.


Just to give you an idea of my work area, this is the view from my sewing room window! Amazing isn't it? I quite often see ships coming into the harbour pulled by tugboat. That's the otago peninsula in the distance.


So this is my vest, finished! It's the warmest thing in the world, can turned out beautifully. I just love those cables.... I'm not going to be cold this winter am I?

Improvised back...


Kupla mittens, finally photographed. That pink is a hard colour to photograph.They remind me of flowers the pink circle being the flower head and the slip stitches below the stems. Also kind of reminiscent of giraffe spots. Whatever they look like they are very cheerful gloves to wear on grey days :)
Summit scarf in progress, what an intriguing pattern, it's addicting to knit. Soft cashmere makes this project a bit of a treat really.

Better get back to the market day stuff, it's a grey wet day so perfect for spending in my craft room. Although the view is a bit hard to see properly today!

Projects finished lately:

  • Woollen mithril vest
  • Oscar's beret
  • Big jeans taken in to be skinny and from high waisted to hip height
  • Sister George costumes
  • Mum's birthday present
  • Market bags
Projects on the go:

  • Sunflower tam - 55% and confusing as hell, I don't know what's going on with the stitch count
  • Summit scarf - 75% done
  • Market bags
  • Market cuffs
  • Jumper - Planning on starting Lempster soon, but need a day when I'm not too busy to start it. The start is quite fiddly by the look of it.
  • Mittens - haven't really looked at these for weeks :0


No comments:

Post a Comment