Monday 9 September 2013

Baking bread

Short post today - been busy making costumes!

Today I made a loaf of bread which didn't rise very much at all till I popped it in the oven. Voila! It fluffed up to twice it's size, and made a lovely light, crunchy and fresh lunch with cheese.

 Before:

 And after!
The idea was that if I made one loaf instead of two at a time I'd have fresher bread every week, but this one is nearly gone! Osk seemed to like fresh bread and had a couple of slices too, it's nice to have others appreciate my baking :) Hopefully I can be back later with some pictures of my own projects... and maybe a new crochet pattern, if I find time to type it up.

Current projects:

  • Macbeth costumes - 4 in total
  • Fanned crochet scarf in alpaca
  • Lava flow cowl
  • Grandma's doily covered blanket
Finished this week:
  • Mended felted slippers, hope they hold!
  • Koru rug
  • Mum's jumper she made for me
  • Sheep PJ pants
Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment