Sunday 4 August 2013

My shop

A few months ago I decided to start an Etsy shop to sell my handmade clothing. It was mostly driven by the fact that I had been looking for work for more than a year and had no success. I've always made things and often thought of selling my creations and Etsy seems like the right place to do that. It's been a slow set up but now I have 15 items in my shop and hopefully soon more to come. A few things lately have held me back from making progress, being sick, not having a camera to photograph with etc. I'm hoping that when I get back from a holiday soon with a family camera I can get back into it again. It's really satisfying to see my garments up online and out there for people to see!

Link to my shop: SewFjords

 A woollen cape-let modeled by a friend with a cut and slash collar. Perhaps one day I will make a tutorial on how to do the cut and slash technique, its a lot of fun!
 Houndstooth waistcoat lined with a recycled men's rayon shirt. I think these vests really flatter the female shape, and they look cute.

 A funky flared skirt made from upcycled women's shirts. This one has the original pockets on both sides from the shirts it was made from.

 Also available is a knit design I have written myself, a thrummed headband. It is also on Ravelry here: Aruhu thrummed headband
Here I am modeling it on that snow day, it certainly kept my ears warm and toasty on that cold day!

Making and maintaining an online shop is a slow learning process and requires a lot of self motivation but in the end it was a good choice to make. It's empowering to display and sell your own creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment