Monday 28 April 2014

Creative mode - GO!

Ah! Today was a productive one for me! I went to sleep last night thinking about all the things I could make today. It feels great to have done some garment sewing for a change :) This is a bodice pattern traced from a Burda pattern book, I had never tried it before, but am happy with the result. I love piecing together bodices like this even though this one was bit of a mystery to put together. I didn't write down how to ensemble it. This is just a practice one however, so I will line it and wear it myself.



Think I will use this for costumes in the near future. I am getting ready for the costume extravaganza that is Midsummer's night dream. That's three months away, but there is a lot of designing, making and a lot of costumes to make before July. Getting really excited about it,, but can't share any of it on here till after the show is done.

In other news, I've been knitting away at my cabled swirl jumper. It's progressing slowly...


The first swirl is nearly done... love the lattice pattern, here is a close up view:


I highly recommend learning how to knit cables without a needle if you're going to attempt such a project!

I'm also working on a dress (out of cotton, and it's nearly winter, I'm mad yes) made from a 70's pattern my Grandma gave me. It's missing the pieces for the bodice back and front, so I have drafted my own versions, they should work okay :) The dress design has lovely bishop sleeves, which I am making out of translucent green cotton, the body of the dress is a green brown and white batik fabric. I'm hoping to make it loose enough to wear layers underneath it to make it wearable in cooler weather.


That's all for now, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening planning costumes and knitting by the fire. The weather is nasty outside but the creativity is going strong!

Finished this week:
  1. Mohair jumper bands taken off and replaced by pink mohair cast off.
  2. K9 printed hoodie
  3. Green pieced bodice trial
  4. Crests for history boys play
  5. Ginger beer - it's finished fermenting, now we just have to bottle it and wait.
In progress:
  1. Swirl jumper -5% done
  2. Moss stitch cycling headband
  3. Batik 70's dress
  4. MSND costume inspiration
  5. Various other neglected knitting projects...


1 comment:

  1. Keep working away ...amazing how it mounts up when you document it all

    ReplyDelete